Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Is Perfection Really Necessary?

Why do we feel the need to be perfect all the time?  I am not saying that perfection is a bad thing, but it can be if you allow it to consume you and your life.  Take me for instance, I have had the dream of having a blog for a long time, but my fear of failure has held me back. 

I was afraid that if I started a blog and it was not perfect I would be a failure, but then recently I had an epiphiany.  My blog failing would not be a failure in itself.  The true failure would be to never attempt to write a blog in the first place.  If my blog fails then I can go in and assess what went wrong and I can fix it.  Just because something does not go quite as planned does not mean that it is a complete and utter failure. 

I believe that Tim Duncan said it best, "Good, better, best.  Never let it rest.  Until your good is better and your better is best."

I am writing this to remind myself and my readers that life is not perfect and neither are we. 

Please join me on my new journey into the blogosphere.  I am both excited and nervous about what this new adventure may bring.  I would love to hear from my readers, so make sure to leave me your thoughts, suggestions, and questions on my posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment